Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chewing a Tune

At dinner the other night, Hummingbird stopped eating after a few bites to tell us that she was "chewing a tune."  Then she asked, "Do you know what I mean?"

Daddy and I both understood, and Daddy said, "Of course, you're chewing to the beat in your head.  I do that sometimes."

"Really?" I said, "that's so odd."  I do quite a many odd things myself, but I don't chew my food to the music in my head.

So, we started wondering how many people have done/do this...  Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. No. On the other hand, sometimes I hear "theme music" in my head depending on what I'm doing. I know at the last [horrible] place I worked I heard the Imperial March from Star Wars every time I left the GYN clinic and walked down the hall to the lab. This was completely unintentional, but very appropriate.

    Do any of you have any kind of synesthesia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me I see numbers as gendered. I also visualize whispering as black and white, and out-loud speech as color. As I said, I definitely have my own oddities.

    ReplyDelete