Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Personalized Liturgy Book for Children

Sometime ago I created a brief liturgy book for my toddler.  I filled it with pictures taken over the course of many Sundays.  Each page showed a part of the liturgy with what it is called (for example, "Little Entrance," "Gospel Reading," etc).  It was a big hit with adults and children in our parish.  Many people hoped I would publish it, and I did try.  However, Conciliar Press suggested that it was too particular to be of much interest to the larger Orthodox community. I decided it would still be useful as a template that could be personalized with photos from any child's parish.

As my "toddlers" grew older, they asked me for a new liturgy book.  So, I compiled a translation of the full liturgy (minus some silent prayers) as used at our church (and included some common variations).  Now, I'm issuing a second edition of this full liturgy to include the Troparia and Kontakia for Sundays and feast days (again at the request of one of my children).  You can also now get the prayer book in the original paperback or a new hardback version.

Below are sample photos to be used in the three versions (toddlers, boys, or girls)


1 comment: