Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Growing Up... or Maybe Not

I took Bumble to the park today, and she decided to try out a new part of the play equipment.  Today she wanted to climb up a curved ladder (you can see it next to the large slide in my title picture).  This is actually a pretty tough ladder because you have to stretch a bit to reach the next rung.  So, I held her waist the first few times she climbed it.  She'd reach the top and shout, "I did it!"  By the fourth time she wanted none of me.  I tried to hold my hands out just to spot her, not even touching.  What did she do?  She let go with one hand and swatted my hand away.  I was persistent, so she did this twice before I gave her a little extra space, and I thought Boy, she's growing up fast!

No more than 30 minutes later when we arrived home, she asked me "Where's fly?"  Yesterday, she had seen a large housefly on a planter near the front door and didn't like it one bit.  I replied, "I don't know where he is, but he flew away yesterday.  It's okay."  No sooner had the words been spoken than the fly swooped down from no where landing on the step just in front of us.  She shrieked liked a banshee and grabbed my leg.  I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction and think Well, maybe she's not growing up so fast after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment