Wednesday, February 4, 2015

On Walking Home From School...

As overdone as it may be, I have appreciated Robert Frost's poem The Road Not Taken since I first read it in school.


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, 
And sorry I could not travel both 
And be one traveler, long I stood 
And looked down one as far as I could 
To where it bent in the undergrowth;          5
 Then took the other, as just as fair, 
And having perhaps the better claim, 
Because it was grassy and wanted wear; 
Though as for that the passing there 
Had worn them really about the same,         10 
And both that morning equally lay 
In leaves no step had trodden black. 
Oh, I kept the first for another day! 
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.         15 
I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence: 
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— 
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.        20 


 I discovered on walking home from school with Bumble Bee that the path less traveled by may seem like a good thing, but really it's not always so...  She spent about 10 minutes trudging through waste deep snow past one house.  I must have been feeling pretty indulgent because I let her do it!  Then, as we moved further along our journey and came to the pirate snowman I had passed earlier in the day, she knocked his nose off!  She stayed to patch him up, though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment