Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Quick Thought on Mitt Romney's Latest Shocking Remarks

I'm sure you've all heard Republican candidate Mitt Romney's remarks that "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what.  There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."

More shocking than the fact that he apparently doesn't believe that all people are entitled to food and housing, is the fact that he thinks his remarks are offensive simply because he didn't phrase it well.  He actually said, "It's not elegantly stated, let me put it that way. I was speaking off the cuff in response to a question." I pay income taxes, unlike the people Mr. Romney disdains, but I still think everyone is entitled to food and housing.  Our Lord commanded us to care for the poor, the sick, those in prisons.  The Lord cares for all Americans.  Mr. Romney professes to, but he clearly doesn't.  The rich man in the Bible was unwilling to give up his possessions to help those less fortunate and follow the Lord, and it seems Mr. Romney is the same type of rich man.  If those who have more are not going to help those less fortunate as the Lord commanded, then government has to fill that need.  Should 47% of Americans live on the streets? Starve?

I can't even begin to express how disgusted I am with this man, and how scared I am that he just may get elected.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not voting. I won't have it on my conscience that I voted for/endorsed either one of them. Things are only going to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a duty to vote for the one I hope will do the least amount of damage, and pray for the moral issues that may still loom. I understand not wanting to participate, though, too. And it's too bad the third party candidates seem to have questionable views on moral issues, too...

    ReplyDelete