Friday, August 9, 2013

Breaking Cliches: Analogy Fun

Fill in the blank without using a cliche.  Submit  your answers in the comments or link to your blog.  I'd love to see what others come up with.

I'm as nervous as _______________.
She's as sick as _________________.
It's as dry as ___________________.
It's as cold as __________________.
He sticks out like _______________.
I'm as happy as _________________.
It's as wet as ___________________.
My hair's as oily as ______________.


Some of our answers...

Be sure you've thought of your own before reading on...

Are you ready?

Here they are...


I'm as nervous as a fly in a hurricane.
I'm as nervous as an elephant who sees a mouse. (Hummingbird)
I'm as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. (courtesy of DH's grandfather)
She's as sick as a snake who ate a rotten rabbit.
It's as dry as a pond in a drought.
It's as cold as a Floridian at the South Pole.
He sticks out like Mick Jagger at a Back Street Boys (apply current hot boy band here) concert.
He sticks out like a crocodile at an alligator rally. (courtesy of The Family Guy)
I'm as happy as a bumble bee in  a clover patch.
I'm as happy as apple pie.
It's as wet as Frosty on a hot day.
My hair's as oily as an acne-prone teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment