Wednesday, April 18, 2012

7 Questions from Mat. Anna

1. When you see "children's book", what comes to mind first?
Josiah and Julia Go To Church (shameless plug: if you don't own it yet, run out and buy it)!  I also think Kevin Henkes, and Kiss Goodnight (awesome illustrations).  Okay, before I end up with a long, long list, I'll admit I am a children's literature junky.  I definitely read more children's lit than adult lit these days, and while there are a few books that I'd rather never read again, there are tons that I could read a million more times. 
I promise the rest of my answers will be shorter.

2. Who is funnier: Buggs Bunny or Moe, Larry and Curly?
Buggs Bunny
3. Name a form of music or artist you can't believe you ever used to like.
 All I can think of is New Kids on the Block, but I still have a certain fondness for them actually.
4. Name a fashion fad you fell for in middle school.
Big Bangs!  Fold and Roll Jeans
5. What do you call a car that sweeps past you on the interstate?
Crazy
6. Have you ever been anywhere with two different shoes on?
This could go under number 4, too.  In middle school I intentionally wore one black & one white tennis shoe.  Hummingbird and Bumble Bee like mix and match shoes, too.
7. Do you have a local accent? Does it match your current location?
Only when I'm upset or talking really fast, and no it doesn't match Chicago.  Definitely not.

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I never could get the big bangs to work. Eventually I wised up and grew them out. I haven't had bangs for at least 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I moved on to high school, I grew mine out, too, and I never looked back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! Bangs! Mine were awful for years. I've promised myself that if I ever have a girl, she will not have bangs! NKOTB: did you ever watch the cartoon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did see the cartoon once, but it was beginning as I was outgrowing the group. I was entering high school and giving into peer pressure that they were not cool... But I still remember them fondly when I reflect on my junior high years.

    ReplyDelete