I guess I must simply focus on the moment and enjoy this season, knowing that eventually we'll make it to Spring. In that optimistic vein, here are a few...
Things I'd like to do the fall:
1. Pick apples, but as all the orchards around here seem to use pesticides, I may try for pumpkins instead. You can find farms and orchards around the country to visit here.
2. Sit in the yard with a cozy blanket, a cup of hot chocolate, and friends while the girls run around.
3. Do leaf rubbings on construction paper with crayons or oil pastels. Do other autumn crafts as well.
4. Bake an apple pie from scratch, including the crust (I always buy the crust!).
5. Watch the girls jump in a pile of leaves.